Monday, January 16, 2017

Typracell, Meetagrid, and Jabbler

Yesterday I designed a new project called Typracell: an online marketplace of goods, services, and ideas. It uses 2 languages I more or less finished designing which I mentioned in my previous post: Typrathon (used to be Pyrenthic) and Bracetagger. Typracell is implemented in Java. I started designing the precursor of Typracell about 8 weeks ago: Pyrenthica.

The first step in implementing Typracell is learning Java by developing a Scrabble game called Jabbler. After I finish Jabbler I will implement Meetagrid, which is a website that facilitates online meetings. I have already implemented the command-line version of Jabbler and released it on GitHub. The next step is to implement robot players (playing against the computer). Many years ago I wrote a Scrabble game using Delphi which supported robot players, and they always beat me.

I continue to exchange emails with my friend Steph, and sometimes we go out on dates. She doesn't want to be in a relationship with me or anyone, since she doesn't feel ready for that at this stage in her life. I go for a brisk 30-minute walk almost every day, I floss my teeth once a week, and I try to buy 3 or 4 bananas and 3 apples once every 8 to 11 days. Eventually I intend to also buy lettuce and tomatoes on those same trips to FreshCo. I seem to have very little depression these days, due to my keeping relatively busy with my computer projects. It's also a morale booster to have a friend that I met on a dating site, even though we're just friends. I got very little sleep last night so I think I might go to bed early. Tomorrow is my volunteer job and the day after I'll start working on robot players. Until we meet again on Blogger, that's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment