Thursday, July 23, 2015

The Decade Ahead

Today I met with my financial advisor, who confirmed the assessment I previously made about my financial situation: I am comfortable and can survive on investment income alone. I plan to implement Pixtrium.com, and then implement Lyvathon.org. Pixtrium is a medium-sized project which will enable me to learn Python, Flask, and server-side web programming. Lyvathon is a very ambitious project: implementing a somewhat experimental new programming language. It won't be as powerful as either of the 2 existing programming languages it is most similar to: Python and Java. However it introduces elements of a very old (only Fortran is older), rather unconventional language called Lisp, so in that respect Lyvathon is creative, even, dare I say it, innovative. Implementing Lyvathon will enable me to learn Java and Android app programming. Eventually, when Lyvathon development is fully underway, I intend to get a Google Nexus 6 smartphone from Wind, which costs $600 plus $35 per month. At that time I probably won't need a landline anymore. I probably won't bother implementing AppaTeach.org, my tutoring website.

Five days ago I asked Diane (in an email) if she wanted to go the museum with me, but she didn't reply to my email. I probably won't date Diane, for whom I am almost finished developing her website. Having a girlfriend is not a big priority for me. Nevertheless, I am more self-confident now than in my youth, so a girlfriend might well land in my lap, you never know.

Tomorrow I'm going to go for a brisk 30-minute walk after breakfast and my first cup of coffee in the morning. I've been meaning to clean up my act, health-wise, for years now, but this summer I really must follow through on that. I have to get into the habit of flossing my teeth every other day, going for walks, and making a special trip to FreshCo to buy fruit and salad stuff, in between my larger grocery shopping trips once every 8 to 12 days (so I would instead go there once every 4 to 6 days). I believe in the ascetic life: no smartphone, no TV, no Netflix, little or no reading non-computer books, going to my volunteer job 2 hours a week. Lots of lying on the couch, which may be reduced once my software development projects are underway (starting tomorrow after lunch and my 3rd cup of coffee). So anyway, that's my 3-paragraph plan for the next decade of my life. More lying on the couch until bedtime, after I publish this.

No comments:

Post a Comment