Sunday, June 7, 2015

NSWICH has been enabled

Once again I'm in full-blown NSWICH mode: New SoftWare Idea Creator's High (didn't sleep last night). I thought of a way to monetize Pixxshow, and since it's now meant for a general audience, the potential to make a lot of money exists. It may end up falling apart like a house of cards (OSWICC: Old SoftWare Idea Creator's Crash), like most of my previous bouts of NSWICH. But you never know, since I have had 3 software ideas in the past in which I avoided OSWICC: Lyvathon (used to be my games program), Psybercity (database of mental health resources), and AppaTeach (tutoring website). I never actually finished any of those projects, and only with Lyvathon did I get a large amount of work done on it (not too much code, though).

In case the unthinkable happens, whereby OSWICC is avoided, I succeed in implementing Pixxshow, and thousands of users download it, I just might face a not at all very shabby dilemma. That is, if Pixxshow turns out to be very useful, then Google or Facebook may offer me a million dollars to buy my company. They have deep pockets and no major Big Data outfit worth its salt would waste time reinventing the wheel in order to duplicate the thousands of lines of code I will have written developing Pixxshow. In that happy event, my only dilemma is deciding whether I should hold out for someone to offer me ten million dollars. I can always ask either of my 2 previous supervisors: Arvin Daljeet or Stephen Bates, to advise me. Arvin's company develops software and Stephen is a VP of Risk Management at BMO. Or I can seek legal advice from a lawyer. Or even ask Ralph, my sister's ex. I might take a break now from Pixxshow. Tonight I have to make a phone call, and tomorrow I must make 2 medical appointments. Soon I must go for a walk. Some fresh air will do me a whole lot of good, methinks. Implementing Pixxshow can wait til tomorrow. I do love my Linux-based desktop machine, but must log off real soon now. Golly!

No comments:

Post a Comment